Tuesday, May 17, 2011

FINALLY IN DC

OK. I made it.  My flight was delayed in the air for an extra hour so it took 3 hrs instead of 2.  I was a HOT MESS once at the airport.  Lugging two suitcases, a tote bag, and a bagpack in DC humidity made me sweat my ass off.  Alla, my fabulous new roommate met me at the airport to help me get all my stuff to Tenleytown. 

So I am currently sitting in my closet sized bedroom.  Funny how $650 a month gets you SO little in DC, but I would have a BALLER apartment in Des Moines for this much.  But, I have my own bedroom, my own bathroom, washer and dryer on site, multiple fridges, and a full sized bed.  So I will stop complaining now!

I have to unpack all my stuff, locate a iron, and figure out how to make my twin sized sheets fit onto the full sized bed (oops!).  I start my job TOMORROWWWWWW!!!

2 comments:

  1. This blog is cracking me up, you hot mess. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously was a hot mess. I had no idea where the metro was and had 2 huge suitcases, a backpack, ANNNND a duffel bag full of shoes. Which means I was lost, sweating, and an overall mess!

    ReplyDelete